To be an internationally well-known and nationally leading faculty in education, research, and community-service activities and to produce graduates who are competent in their field, literate in information technology, entrepreneurial and competitive nationally and internationally.
The mission of the Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences is:
- To carry out frontier research-based education in mathematics and natural sciences, up to post-graduate programs, with world-class and potential graduates by developing all departments and study programs.
- To carry out world-class fundamental and applied researches in an integrated manner to promote science and technology development for the nation’s and society’s welfare by developing all departments and research groups.
- To increase the faculty’s role in industry, information and communication technology, energy, environment, health and economy so that stakeholders may cooperatively develop and apply mathematics and natural sciences.
- To increase the faculty’s role as a valuable institution for society through activities that employ mathematics and natural sciences for propping up society’s welfare and well-being both in material and spiritual aspects.
- To make the faculty as a service center for research, training and consulting in mathematics and natural sciences and their applications.
- To realize the faculty as a good governance institution in order to support UGM as a self-sufficient university
GOAL AND OBJECTIVE OF CS-IUP ESTABLISHMENT
The CS-IUP commits to provide students with an education of the highest possible quality. There is essential policy of the program in terms of developing a program that provides resources to help students to be competitive in pursuing their future careers. In line with the Faculty’s vision and mission, the general goals and objectives of Computer Science International Undergraduate Program are to :
- Expand and reshape portfolio of the CS-IUP’s services to higher quality and internationally competitive educational programs.
- Drive CS-IUP’s position in international market of higher education in computer science.
- Meet international market demands for internationally oriented graduates.
- Strengthen the nation (especially UGM) competitiveness.